Saturday, June 6, 2009

~*Adelle,an 1890's Columbian Style Doll*~


I am offering my interpretation of a Columbian doll.These dolls were originally made by Emma Adams,in the 1890's.Adelle is made from muslin,and I have hand~painted her face with acrylics,and given her a very light,authentic looking,crackle finish,that doesn't show up well in my photos..She measures 21 inches tall.She is weighted nicely,so that she has that wonderful,old dollie feel.



Adelle is wearing a dress and pantalettes that are made from very nice,coordinating blue cotton fabrics,and I have added vintage trim to the neckline of her dress&hem of her pantalettes.Adelle comes with her favorite little rag doll,that I have made in the style of a very old prairie doll,or Amish style doll.It measures 8 inches tall.Adelle can sit or hang.I have attatched a rusty safety pin to the back of her dollie's dress,so that you can pin her to Adelle's dress,if you wish to hang her.






~Thank you so very much,for stopping by!If you have any questions,please don't hesitate to email me!
~*SOLD*~THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment